OFF : CD Waste of Money

Jerry Guizar jguizar at EPIX.NET
Mon Oct 21 16:45:18 EDT 1996

In <199610211656.RAA03770 at dibble.aeolians.bt.co.uk>, on 10/21/96 at 05:56
PM,
   bart <bart at AEOLIANS.BT.CO.UK> said:

>> > Got anything by Pete Namlook on his Fax label? He puts out more
>> > ambient/techno records in three months than the Hawks do in two decades.
>> > Except it's largely cack! One particlar ambient effort I bought is about
>> > an hour of a piano playing one note every 45 seconds or so..............

>> > No matter how ripped I am, it still stinks!

>The man sure is prolific. I guess with such a choice there's a high
>chance of reeling in some crap, though one of the compilation albums
>(compilations of one bloke's output ... duh) is rather pleasant.

   I have _Psychonavigation 2_ (Laswell&Namlook) and _Dark Side of  the
Moog IV_ (Namlook/Schulze/Laswell) that sounds good. I have some Steve
Roach that probably fits close to the above description (sounds like
Aborigines banging on things and blowing thru reeds).

Jerry

ObWaitingFor:Rusted Root/Remember

jguizar at epix.net