HW/OFF was UZero, then females,now gong

SKARSOL skarsol at EROLS.COM
Mon Oct 21 13:34:50 EDT 1996

Chris Raymond wrote:

> Also OFF: I saw Gong this week in Boston and they were fantastic!
> Anybody who happens to catch them will be fortunate. They played for
> around 140 minutes. This was caught on audio as well as video.

caught this gig in philly,was the absolute best live event in philly since
HW was last here. absolutely fantastic,although i think maybe howlett
was either having a bad nite,or was having maybe >too much< fun....
this may have been due to equiptment tho'.
the setlist couldnt have been better- two sets! the overall sound was clean
and groovy.the only problem was the bass,where it seemed to me that some
notes were being dropped,either by mike h., or by electronics.....
daevid still seems like a teenager with his nrg. his voice is still
 strong,i mean really strong,not like uncle nik.no falsettos here.....
catch this show if at all possible. sell yer dog or fish.   rj
p.s. sorry  for bugging anybody who might not care about this.but go see
the show.