Both: Cats and Pigeons

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Mon Oct 21 18:13:25 EDT 1996

>On Sat, 19 Oct 1996, Andy C wrote:
>
>> Heres a quote from the Grolier Interactive encylopedia, in an entire
>> essay on Music and Science fiction this is the only mention
>> of both bands.  The authors have obviously no idea !

>  Well. obviously no bias at all shown here.  :) I can't make up my mind
>whether he is right or not.  After all, BOC are not *entirely* sf
>oriented, but do indeed do it well.  I suppose the only thing to say is -
>idiots should leave opinion out of a potentially good subject.

The text you are reading in the Grollier originates from John Clute and Peter
Nichol's Encyclopeia of Science Fiction, they must've come up with a deal to
include
data from that in their encyclopedia.  However, this work, unlike a regular
reference work, is primarily a work of reviews and opinions.

The text in question was written by Maxim Jakubowski and Peter Nichols, only one
of several to write in the music entry.  None of the others even mention
Hawkwind
or BOC, focusing far more on classical music selections.  As for the other
musical groups listed, far more time is devoted to groups such as Van Der Graaf
Generator, David Bowie, Jefferson Airplane, and the Steve Miller Band.
Roger Shrubstaff               "I was corrupt before I had power!" - Random

Baron of Silverwater
Barony of Silverwater
Kingdom of the Burning Lands
http://www.magg.net/~mordru/silver.htm