Hawklords

Craig A. Shipley craigs at PYRAMID.COM
Tue Oct 22 16:12:01 EDT 1996

----------
From:   Frank Weil[SMTP:frankw at COMM.MOT.COM]
Sent:   Tuesday, October 22, 1996 11:13 AM
To:     Multiple recipients of list BOC-L
Subject:        Re: Hawklords

Craig A. Shipley wrote:
> Frank,
>
> Are you referring to "25 Years On" (the one with the bloke sniffing'
> his armpit)?. If so, most definitely yes, many moons ago, in the
> UK. (If I'm not mistaken, it was in the first batch to be released
> in the late '80's).  Don't know if our friends at Griffin have
> released it or not...

That's the one.  Griffin hasn't released it.  Now that I think about
it, though, the 25th anniversary box set from Griffin was called "25
Years On" also.  This CD sounds like a prime candidate for release in
the U.S. by Griffin.

Wasn't there some discussion about the actual title of the Hawklords
release a while ago?  I vaguely remember someone pointing out that
"Metaphysical View of a Factory" (or whatever the exact wording is)
might also be the title.  Also, the codex lists it as simply
"Hawklords".

Well, the nice thing about working from home is that my CD & LP collection is close at hand. I went over and dug out my copy of the LP (still in the original shrink-wrap with the "Harmony Hut" price tag of $7.49 on it (big money for an LP in 1978!). The cover reads "Pan Transcendental Industries Inc." (upper left)
"25 Years On" (Upper right), bright pink sprayed HAWKLORDS across ol' Mr. Snyff-de-Pytt and a flame/dove/hawkish logo in the lower left with the verbiage "Reality you can rely on". All the text is small black type.

The spine reads "Hawklords 25 Years On" (guess that kind of settles it, doesn't it?)

The back cover has the box/cone/sphere/ruler construct. Song credits/track listings are along the left hand side. At the very top is the verbiage "Metaphysical view of Factory with album cover". I always thought that this referred to the picture on the back cover.

The label on the LP itself says "Hawklords / 25 Years On". That does it for me,  the name is "25 Years On"

Enquiring minds want to know.

Now you know for sure...

Frank
ObCD: Hawkwind Anthology - Volume 1

Frank Weil | frankw at comm.mot.com | phone: (847) 576-3110 | fax: (847) 576-3240

OK, stupid question time.  The etter before m on my keyboard is broken.
How do I ogout?

Depends, try "exit" (works on my Unix system) or "Ctrl-d" (But if it were really broken, how could you type the words "Anthology", "Volume" or "Hawklords", hmmm???)  :-)

Craig Shipley
craigs at pyramid.com