Hawklords --> "25 Years On" boxed set

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Wed Oct 23 10:21:32 EDT 1996

Bryan Pitkin writes:

> ...on an unrelated yet related note I have a copy of Space Ritual Alive
> on vinal and it is well worn (loved) but there is news print on the inside
> with some story of space and some "out there" ideals
> is this part of the HW log? can i find the complete whatever it is ...
> with out paying $50 us dollars to get a decent vinal copy??

The Hawkwind 'log' came with In Search of Space together with the
original foldout sleeve packaging.   Space Ritual Alive never had
anything like this although the tour programme (if I recall correctly)
has some strange story inside it about the Hawknauts on a space trip.
This occasionally comes up for sale in 2nd hand shops and collectors'
mags.

I've never yet seen the 'log' (a collection of esoteric and odd stories
collected together by Bob Calvert (?)) separate from the album packaging
so I guess you'd have to buy the whole package if you wanted a genuine
copy of this.   Alternatively the recent remastered CD of In Search of
Space was produced with a reduced-size version.  Neat!

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk