Site updates

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Wed Oct 23 11:11:42 EDT 1996

On Wed, 23 Oct 1996, Andrew Fergus Wilson wrote:

> > is it just my browser or does everyone get '[Line: 280] Unterminated
> string
> > constant' message in a little error box when they access the site?
> >
> > andrew
> >
> > Yep, me too. (Using Microsoft Explorer 3.0).
> >
> > Craig
>
> a-ha, me too, and the erroe is something to do with microsoft javascript
> runtime or whatever,

I get no errors when viewing the page (using lynx).  It doesn't jump
through any hoops, either, but I can read the text content, no problem,
which is what is important to me.  (I can also view the page in my
lifetime, too, which is more than I can say for other pages and
browsers---except when I turn off images.)

> any navigators having similar problems?
>
> compatability or coding?

"Anyone who slaps a "this page is best viewed with Browser X" label on a
Web page appears to be yearning for the bad old days, before the Web, when
you had very little chance of reading a document written on another
computer, another word processor, or another network."

        --- Tim Berners-Lee in Technology Review, July 1996

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: Jethro Tull, _Aqualung_ (25th Anniversary Edition)

e-mail: paul at csgrad.cs.vt.edu                    A stranger in a strange land.