HW: Hawklords

Craig A. Shipley craigs at PYRAMID.COM
Wed Oct 23 13:43:11 EDT 1996

----------
From:   cjohnson[SMTP:cjohnson at HPSC.HISD.HARRIS.COM]
Sent:   Wednesday, October 23, 1996 11:39 AM
To:     Multiple recipients of list BOC-L
Subject:        Re: HW: Hawklords

       As best as I can determine, Hawklords "25 Years On" was only put
       out on CD once, in the late eighties.  It has been unavailable for
       several years now (but I have a copy).  I have a friend who has
       spent a looonngg time now looking for both "25 Years On" and
       "Palace Springs" on CD to no avail.

       Is "PXR5" still unavailable on CD?  I thought it was issued about
       the same time as "25yo", and was also re-issued again on CD since
       then.

I believe that these two titles (and a couple of others) were released all about the same time. I know that I bought these two, along with HotMG and QS&C, all in one fell swoop. (Man did I have some explaining to do to the wife when that credit card bill came due! :-) ). If PXR5 does get reissued, I sure hope that they use the first-pressing version with the "less-live, more studio-sounding" version of "High Rise" onnit (like the one found on the "Spirit Of The Age" best-of). My LP is of the first generation, complete with sticker over the wiring (only partially peeled back in one corner) and the CD made for a bit of a shock ;-) when the version I was used to hearing wasn't there no more.

Craig Shipley
craigs at pyramid.com

       NOTE TO GRIFFIN:
       Please re-release both "Palace Springs" and Hawklords "25 Years On"
       on CD in the US!  Both are required ownership for budding Hawkfans.

       Captain Cloud
       cjohnson at hpsc.hisd.harris.com