OFF : Fish Traders

Chris Bates C.D.Bates at SHU.AC.UK
Thu Oct 24 05:07:34 EDT 1996

The obtuse and probably dangerous Jon Browne wrote:

> "A.K. Wadleigh" <fsrbw1 at AURORA.ALASKA.EDU> writes
> >P.S.: I have more salmon then I know what to do with! (In Alaska)
>
> Great, we've got some salmon. Now, anyone got any Vera's? :)

OK Veras, no problem mate, with you there. But salmon? Try as
I might I can't work that one out. Knew a guy who was afraid his
'phone was tapped so he would ring up and talk about *carpet*
which he would offer as a Henry (eighth) or a Louis (sixteenth).
Carpet wasn't rhyming slang and I hope that Salmon isn't either!

Chris Bates