HW: Breast-Jiggling

Max Wilcox s333271 at STUDENT.UQ.EDU.AU
Sat Oct 26 02:06:13 EDT 1996

Two things.
        The first concerns the Wishart HW stuff. Which albums is she on? I'm
surprised that I haven't heard her at all. What are people's views on
her work with them?
        The second is with regards to the "breast-jiggling" syndrome that seems
to be quite prevalent in much live HW stuff. Has anyone ever seen a
concert that -doesn't- have silly women running around, that look like
they've just come out of the audience a few minutes before the show
started? In the few videos that I've seen, I always rue the presence of
these people. For example, I was just watching the Black Sword concert.
It would be a perfectly good concert if those silly people weren't
running around in leotards, waving their arms about. Any while I'm at
it, the Elric of the said concert (the person who plays him), lookes
more like a clown, than Moorcock's moderately interesting character. I
always disagreed with people who, such as the chap who runs the blanga
HW page, dislike Moorcock's presence with the band, describing it as
infantile fantasy stuff. But, after watching this video again, I can at
least understand why he said this, even if I don't agree with it.
        I don't see why they can't just have themselves on stage. Or, failing
that, have this dancing stuff a little more choreographed than it is.
        I haven't seen the Love in Space video, yet, but, looking at the sleeve
of the CD, it seems to be a little better. I always did like the fire
breathing, and other theatrical/circus sort of techniques that are used.
        It's just those darn arm waving people.....

-Max Wilcox

        (Well, I'm glad I got that off my chest.....)