HW: Breast-Jiggling

Andrew Gilham Andy_Gilham at MSN.COM
Sat Oct 26 19:11:18 EDT 1996

>        The first concerns the Wishart HW stuff. Which albums is she on? I'm
>surprised that I haven't heard her at all. What are people's views on
>her work with them?

Space Bandits (poor) and Palace Springs (really rather good).  But then again
she's only on a couple of tracks on each.

>        The second is with regards to the "breast-jiggling" syndrome that
>seems
>to be quite prevalent in much live HW stuff.

Ever since the much-loved Stacia, in fact!  'Course, back in the '70s, this
was really right on - having a nude dancer, that is. And there's also that
splendid news cutting in the Tait book, "Group pops up in the nude", from
1971.  So there was more than just breasts jiggling in those days...  Not that
"jiggling" really does Stacia justice :)

I think Hawkwind have usually had dancers, often male *and* female, ever since
I first saw them in the '70s.  I don't always find them very memorable,
although I have to admit the attractive woman in lingerie in '88 does remain
in the memory...  I did enjoy the dancers, and the excellent trapeze artist,
this year.  Curiously, I'd seen a topless trapeze artist (with Archaos) in the
same venue just a few weeks earlier... and motorbikes in a cage, and a man on
fire, but that's beside the point :)

- Andy