BOC : 'Imaginos' and tBS (ever notice those are a cable station's initials?)

Jason Scruton scruto19 at POTSDAM.EDU
Tue Oct 29 16:34:53 EST 1996

Jerry wrote:
>'Scuse me? My favourite BOC album... The only thing discussed on BOC-L is
>whether is it a BOC album or not. It /is/ a great album. I don't care if
>it's BOC or not - a wonderful album!
>
>And even for the ones who don't think it to be such a great album - what
>about a complete collection.
>
>Jerry

Given that, I think this ties in well with the question of what does tBS
sound like in relation to BOC that's been bouncing around.  I think it
provides a good transition from the classic BOC material into what Al
Bouchard went on to do (and is still doing) with the Brain Surgeons. It's
heavy, clever and just plain high quality musicianship as is found on
Eponymous and Trepanation.

Though i would advise against buying the audio cassetter version of Imaginos-
a friend o mine has it. when I compared it to the Cd version I picked up a
while afterwards, the tape sound is fairly muddy (though I did notice that
"I am the one you warned me of" still sounds fairly "blunt" on the CD (too
many overdubs and the like maybe?)

No comprehendo,
Jason