OFF: Dune refs (was: Artists needed!)

Damon C Capehart dcapehar at UTDALLAS.EDU
Tue Oct 29 17:37:58 EST 1996

On Tue, 29 Oct 1996, Andrew Gilham wrote:
> >iron maiden did a song based on frank herbert's 'dune'.
> Veering rapidly off-topic, and demonstrating how this sci-fi nonsense gets
> everywhere these days :),  Jamiroquai's new album is called _Travelling
> Without Moving_, which is a quote from _Dune_.  (At least, it's almost a
> catchphrase in the movie.  Can't speak for the book.)

AND, to turn full circle to what was a seemingly unrelated OFF topic,
Namlook also released an album with a Dune reference.  _Air_II_ is titled
(subtitled?) _Travelling_Without_Moving_ also.  And, in case you're
curious or interested, we can link Namlook right back atcha because
_Air_I_ was titled (subtitled?) _You_.

Creepy, huh?

    Damon C Capehart    |  aka Le Monsieur Damon  | dcapehar at utdallas.edu
If you have questions about the QUEST Bible studies and prayer meetings at
    U.T.D. or about QUEST in general, e-mail me at QUEST at utdallas.edu,
    or visit the QUEST website, maintained by scarson at utdallas.edu, at
                   http://www.utdallas.edu/orgs/quest/

P.S.:  I will simply *have* to get Jamiroquai's new album.

P.P.S:  ObCD(ifIhadaplayerwithme):  Yes, _Keys_To_Ascension_ (yes, it's
awesome)