ICU!

Andrew Fergus Wilson a.wilson at DERBY.AC.UK
Wed Oct 30 08:56:40 EST 1996

----------
> >He's a bit modest - it's only *mostly* crap!  "Birdland" is really good,
and
> >there's a couple of other high spots.  But "Forbidden Planet" and "Stop
the
> >City" are really pretty crummy, and it's far and away ICU's worst album.
> The two tracks that spring to my mind as high points!
> FP having a fine lyric "Spaceships, Oh you silver needles!" which is
> also the standard line when doing Nik impersonations down the pub.
> > Stop the City also has the fine lyric "In the temple, the big
> skateboarder zig-zags through the law and order." Genius! :)
> >- Andy
> Jon Browne

and i like "wildhunt" immensely (it still brings back memories of cycling
across lewis in the pissing rain to get to the callanish stones before
sundown, aahhhh), so that's about half the album covered ... looks like a
case of Something For Everyone.,.

oh, and i can't remember who was yearning for a copy of the maximum effect,
but, you have a wound, and i have some salt: visiting old londinium on
monday, i chanced into notting hill exchange and got it in *very* good
condition for 4 quid. Hahahahahaha! But having cackled and gloated, i
couldn't afford the 20 odd quid they wanted for the presidents tapes. If
only i didn't used to trust other people with my records.

Oh, and Max, i've got the UZ album put to one side in the shop, and will
pick it up for you on friday (for 4 landlubbing pounds (*not* forfar
athletic)).

Oh, and Scott, your tape will be 'in the post' by this weekend, sorry for
the delay.

andrew

andrew f wilson                         "up and down round and round
centre for social research      story of my life" - Inner City Unit
university of derby

a.wilson at derby.ac.uk
zedspace at geocities.com

http://yi.com/home/WilsonAndrew