BOC: Secret Treaties Music Box

Wed Oct 30 09:03:20 EST 1996

Here's Albert's response to my query about the music box - this was about
a year ago, I think:

> I'll second that, and add that most of *Tyranny and Mutation* has
> the tracks pretty much segued together.  Of particular interest, IMHO, is
> the
> "music box" segue between "Harvester of Eyes" and "Flaming Telepaths".
> Hey Al, can you provide any insight on that one?

That was one of the best production moves that SP/MK did for that album. It
was totally Murry's idea. - Incidentally MK has a new record company called
Silver Wolf Records. I just got his newest record and it's an album to benefit
the homeless. I think it's pretty good, kinda in the folkie style. I'm not
sure if it's in the stores or not. - Back to ST, One of the reasons we got
Jack Douglas to mix OYFOOYK was because we were so dissapointed in the mixes
of ST. We were o the road when Demonic Duo (MK/SP) mixed the record. I
remember being pretty bummed with most of the mixes (especially Subhuman). But
the music box thing was cool. It's my mother's favorite part of the album.
Al

John