Voivod again

Clore clore at COLUMBIA-CENTER.ORG
Thu Oct 31 14:13:07 EST 1996

Voivod, I forgot to mention, have a page at
http://www.shmooze.net/voivod/

This has some of the computer art from the Negatron CD.  (I agree that
"multimedia" is a ridiculous term--but THEY use it.)

They have the same guitarist, but a replacement for the singer and
drummer--they're now a power trio!  The guitarwork, even in the
different styles, is still excellent.

Angel Rat and The Outer Limits don't feature the screaming vocals of
their early work.  In fact, the vocals contribute very well to the eery
mood and sinister undercurrents.  (Still plenty of heavy material on
these, tho.)  Negatron has returned both to the crunching doom riffs and
howling vocals of the early albums.  I don't care much for Negatron.
The essential ones are Angel Rat, The Outer Limits, and Nothingface.

        Dan Clore