HW: Rumours of wars

Troy Harris tlh at RUBENS.ITS.UNIMELB.EDU.AU
Sun Sep 1 10:28:49 EDT 1996

On Sat, 31 Aug 1996, Bill Stewart wrote:

> >He seems to be a really nice, decent, calm, honest sort of guy.  I can't
> >imagine what has gone wrong but I fervently hope that whatever it is can
> >be sorted out.
> >

> Yep, I agree, aside from being an intregal part of the HW sound, Allan is a
> gentleman.
> As far as speculating on what went wrong, who can tell what goes on behind
> closed doors between friends and business partners, when your friend happens
> to be in business with you (and I'm sure Alan and Dave are real close) all
> sorts of crazy things can happen because there is personal aspect to the
> business relationship that tends to make small things seem bigger then they
> are.  Sure hope this can be resolved with Alan remaining in the band.  It all
> seems quite sad, but this is in fact Hawkwind.
>
> regards,
> Bill Stewart

   Perhaps it would be wise to remeber that since the early 80's or there
about HW have really been the brainchild/plaything of Brocky, and it
really (in the end) doesn't matter a hoot who is in the band.  We all
have to get used to the *constant* lineup changes, and yet we all hate
'em.  But we all keep on buying the records.  I thought it quite an
interesting point to compare current HW line up to NT's boys.  Only time
will tell how long the lineup change trend can go.  Hope it lasts for an
awful long time, as it probably will never change.

  Troy