HW : Thanks Star-rats.

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Mon Sep 2 04:01:07 EDT 1996

> Thanks for the comments regarding the site/Brock interview. I would have
> liked the answers he sent back to have been longer, but I will take a
> different approach for the next one which should sort that problem out.

        I figured that was Brock being his usual personable self ;)
        Still, even his short answers contained a lot of interesting
information.  And I noticed a "smiley" on one of his comments ... was
that "translated" from Brocks answers or (I wonder) did ol' Dave
actually _use_ an internet-style smiley ...?

> Just as a note, I am working on a searchable database of the Hawkwind
> catalogue for the site (although it will take a while). I would like to ask
> the subscribers to this list what they would like to see in a database of
> this type. I have my own outline for this but would like to hear some other
> views so that I can get it as close to being right first time round.

        Have you seen the outrageously immense Hawkwind Codex that was
put together mostly by FoFP and Jill on this list?  An enormous
catalogue of each and every Hawkwind song organised into a ranking of
various versions and sub-versions (ie, version 3a is like version 3
except slightly remixed, version 3b is 3 seconds shorter than 3a, etc.).

        Turning that into a searchable database on the web site (with
proper attributions of course :) would be extremely cunning and at least
all the work of comparing each track is out of the way.
        Another interesting idea might be a version of the "Hawkwind
album poll" that the various fan clubs and this email list run on
occasion.  It seems to be that the web site would be a good forum for
activities of that kind ...

Cheers,
Carl

Carl Edlund Anderson                           *  "Lever vi inte i ett
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                            *   fritt land kanske?"
http://wjh-www.harvard.edu/~canders/hem.html   *
Dept. of ASNAC Studies, Cambridge U.           *   -- Pippi Langstrump