the bass ritual

HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM
Mon Sep 2 14:54:04 EDT 1996

On 31-AUG-1996 07:43:44.0 BOC-L said to HERBERT119
   >> this i heard directly from him on tour.
   >>    alan bought doremi,and gave it a spin.he was dazzled by the bass
   >lines i n one of the
   >> tunes(cant remember which).at this time he didnt know what the
   >insrument wa s called.
   >>    he rushed down to his local music store(instruments),with a
   >recording of the song,
   >> and to the proprietor excitedly asked "what's that instrument there?"
   >> the guy told him it was called a bass guitar,and that was when alan
   >decided to play
   >> bass.
   >My guess for the track in question is probably "Time We Left".
   >The bass on that is amazing--it certainly inspires me!  That alone
   >catapults the Doremi version of the song well beyond the Space Ritual
   >version and IMO its worth having the remastered version for that track
   >_alone_ (the others are great too, but even if it was just that .... :)
   >Cheers,
   >Carl

I'll guess it was "Lord Of Light".
And what about the SR2 version of Time We Left, don't you think that gives
Doremi's a run for the money?

Chuck
`[1;34;43mRainbow V 1.19.4 for Delphi - Test Drive