Rock Legends

Christian Mumford mumford at EUNET.NO
Tue Sep 3 08:59:31 EDT 1996

I had a one of those sleazy 4CD compilation sets called "Rock Legends"
which had some Hawkwind and Blue Oyster Cult live material on it. I
think the Hawkwind material was Space Chase (from Levitation),
Brainstorm (from Live '79, I think), and maybe Earth Calling and a few
other ones. The BOC stuff was a very cool live version of Born to Be
Wild, which rocks so hard it sounds like everything starts crashing
apart towards the end, and a live version of Don't Fear The Reaper. It
also had some worthy Motorhead material on it. Does anybody know
excactly the source of these recordings? Not the kind of thing I usually
go for, but I was broke as hell and needed a quick fix of cheap 70's
rock.....

Christian