BRAIN: Fwd: NJ Record

Peter Sondergeld p.sondergeld at QUT.EDU.AU
Wed Sep 4 04:01:45 EDT 1996

At 01:03 PM 3/9/96 -0400, Deb wrote:
>Thought you might enjoy this, courtesy of Ritch Pee,
>lawyer/journalist/database-searcher.
<snip>
>                                                                      Showing
>yet another angle of their rock sound, "Bad Habit"                  sounds
>like the Doors' "Love Her Madly." The band also covers Robert Johnson's
> "Stones In My Passageway" with a destinctive Led Zeppelin            flair.
<snip>

Hmmm, I'm not sure I can hear the Doors comparison. Never mind. When I first
heard "Bad Habit" I thought of an early AC/DC track (from the Bon Scott era,
that is) called "It's a Long Way to the Top (if you wanna rock n roll)",
sans bagpipes. The "BH" riff and chorus chords are reminiscent, but the
similarity in guitar sound was the first to catch my ear. I later read in
the liner notes that Angus Young gets a Thanks, and wondered if that was the
AC/DC Angus Young, and whether or not he provided some input e.g. getting
THAT guitar sound. Deb? Al? Anyone in the know?
Pete.

ObLyricParody:"It's a long way to the shop if you wanna sausage roll"

Peter Sondergeld
p.sondergeld at qut.edu.au

"One new slave, the same old rock." - Roy Harper