the bass ritual

Steve Burton southend at SERV.NET
Thu Sep 5 00:11:06 EDT 1996

At 01:54 PM 9/2/96 -0500, you wrote:
>On 31-AUG-1996 07:43:44.0 BOC-L said to HERBERT119
>   >> this i heard directly from him on tour.
>   >>    alan bought doremi,and gave it a spin.he was dazzled by the bass
>   >lines i n one of the
>   >> tunes
>   >>    he rushed down to his local music store(instruments),with a
>   >recording of the song,
>   >> and to the proprietor excitedly asked "what's that instrument there?"
>   >> the guy told him it was called a bass guitar,and that was when alan
>   >decided to play
>   >> bass.
>   >My guess for the track in question is probably "Time We Left".
>
>I'll guess it was "Lord Of Light".

Yeah!  LOL captivated me as a youngster too!  I was so proud when I'd learnt
the bass line!

>And what about the SR2 version of Time We Left, don't you think that gives
>Doremi's a run for the money?

Yeah!  I love the "call and response" thing that Lemmy & Dave do at the end
with their instruments!  I'm glad someone besides me noticed that one too!
It just blew me away the first time I heard it.  Not probably the most
technical move they ever made - but WOW!

>Chuck
>`[1;34;43mRainbow V 1.19.4 for Delphi - Test Drive

Steve