OFF : Mournblade

Andrew Gilham Andy_Gilham at MSN.COM
Fri Sep 6 19:06:23 EDT 1996

Jon said

>I know we've been going to the same gigs for about 18
>years without meeting, Andy, but you never saw Mournblade, did you?

Oh yes I did! :)  Once at the Tramshed (?) in Woolwich supporting the
Lloyd-Langton Group (Mournblade had all sorts of equipment aggro but were
still great fun, although I left half-way through LLG 'cos I got bored), and
the later "Live Fast Die Young" Mournblade at the Marquee.

"Sidewinder" was definitely their best number "Here it comes - heatseeking -
sidewinder - sidewind-uh-huh!"

I have a neat 4-track cassette of theirs called _Ein Heldentraum_ (early
line-up) which I dust down every so often, mostly for the great lyrics
("they've got the power to destroy/they can melt your little boy" being one of
my favourites).

Their bass player (in the later line-up) - "Blacken" White - had an electric
eight-string Ricky, if I remember right...

You know, Ron Tree reminds me of Dunken Mullett... :)

- Andy