HW: Alan Davey - "Captured Rotation"

Dave Berry daveb at HARLEQUIN.CO.UK
Sat Sep 7 15:36:32 EDT 1996

My take on the Davey album is rather different from Paul and Andy's.
I like the wave synth tracks best.   They're very spacey and atmospheric,
along the lines of Wave Upon Wave and Blue Shift.  The rock tracks are
OK, but Ron's vocals are too conventional here for my tastes.  The drum
synths are pretty good, and Alan's guitar playing is OK, but IMO these
tracks would sound better with the full band playing.  The remaining
faster instrumentals aren't so much my thing.

Overall, not bad, but not as good as Hawkwind.

Mind you, this is only after 1 and a half plays.  There's plenty of
time for my mind to change itself...

Dave.