OFF/BOC: Dictators

Ted Jackson jr. EL 84 TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Mon Sep 9 17:33:28 EDT 1996

> The closest I've seen to the Dictators was Mark "The Animal" Mendoza,
> who used to play bass for them, before achieving further notoriety in
> Twisted Sister.
>
> He was in Boston on the occassion of some band playing in a Boston
> club did a Dictators tune, and they got him to play bass for the song.
>
> And yeah, I once saw Twisted Sister live -- but only because Y&T was
> opening for them! ;-)
>
> John

Hey, AB, how'd you get onto John's account?

There was a great legend about the Animal, don't know if it was PR or
not.  Supposedly he was was a juvenile delinquent, and he told one
interviewer that he and his pals used to steal bowling balls from the
local alley, and throw them into buildings from speeding cars!  He
said it hit like a cannonball, would go clean through the wall!
theo