Shipping date of BoH

Albert T Bouchard ir004728 at INTERRAMP.COM
Tue Sep 10 00:09:43 EDT 1996

As Deborah has posted, Box of Hammers has been finished. What's left to be
done is the sequencing of the songs, mastering, all the artwork, and
duplication. We have started on all these tasks but realisticly we don't
expect to have anything for sale before November. We have not decided how
we will sell this album. We may sell it as part of a special offer and
include some other piece of merchandise such as clothing or some
collectable (i.e. Metallica's fan can).

We have decided that it will not be available in any store before next May
(5/97) because we want to try for a better distribution deal and we are not
sending out any promos before then either. It will only be available three
ways; from the mailing list; from BOC-L; or at a live show. PLEASE DO NOT
SEND ANY MONEY NOW. If you already have please be patient. We will keep you
posted.

In the meantime I can tell you the names of the songs that made it. They are:
1. Locked Up
2. I'm On Fire
3. Gun
4. Date With A Guitar
5. In
6. Little Egypt
7. End In Tears
8. Mexican Joint
9. Earthquake Boogie
10. Laura's Plastic Swords
11. Overture
12. Donkey Show
13. Tender Was The Night
14. St Vitus Dance

All of the regular suspects participated in the recording plus many special
guests. The surprises are:

Flip Barnes; trumpet on Donkey Show, and Overture
Jacob Bouchard; vocals on Overture
Joe Bouchard; keyboards on Gun, Tender was the Night, and St. Vitus Dance,
Overture
Crispin Ceo; sax on End in Tears, Donkey Show and Laura's Plastic Swords
Dave Dunton; keyboards on End In Tears, Date With a Guitar, and Laura's
Plastic Swords
Don Fleming; guitar on Gun, Overture, theraimin on Gun and Little Egypt
John Freid and Deena Shoskus; vocals on Donkey Show
Tara Key; guitar on St. Vitus Dance
Jack Rigg; guitar on Overture
Felice Rosser; vocals on End In Tears
Jack Secret; vocals on Earthquake Boogie

Anyway I'm really happy with how it came out. It is definitely the best
Surgeons album ever and I suggest that some of you have a change of
underpants before you listen to it because, even though we tried to please
ourselves first and foremost we also kept in mind the personalities that we
have come to know (and love) here within the group. (No Hawkwind covers yet
but ya never know! Maybe the next one).
Al