OFF : Comic Shop Owner!

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Tue Sep 10 05:00:08 EDT 1996

In message <960910004856_281490462 at emout13.mail.aol.com>, Steven Tice
<StevenTice at AOL.COM> writes
>Sorry for not knowing there was another comic shop owner on BOC-L!  Hmmm,
>what does it say about BOC-L that out of however many people are on here, two
>of us are comic shop owners?  Hmmm....
>
>SET

I'd say it means we're a very cool, clued-up bunch of people actually!
Knowing just how few people read comics these days, I found it very
revealing that the greater percentage of people I met at the Brixton
gig, were also frequent comic readers. There's definately a high degree
of overlap between Hawkfans and this marginalised form of literature.
I mean, less than 1% of people read comics. On BOC-L 1% of people own
comicshops! In the last year comics have come up several times, Savage
Henry, Roswell from Bongo, Nexus and Brainstorm off the top of my head.
Plus forteana, great tips for new bands, technical support, the covers
tapes etc.

This list is the best thing on the 'net!
--
Jon Browne