Shipping date of BoH

Albert T Bouchard ir004728 at INTERRAMP.COM
Wed Sep 11 22:06:53 EDT 1996

On 10/10/96 Theo wrote:

>Great hearing from ya again, and best of luck.  Could you post a
>brief rundown of gear the band used on the record?  Amps, gtrs, that
>sort of shit?

Billy used a 1995 Les Paul Classic Anniversary and a 1993 American Strat
Classic, a 1994 Rickenbacker 12 string, and a 1967 SG and also a 1977
Takamine acoustic, He used a Dunlop Jimi Hendrix model Wah, a Boogie Mark
V, a pre-CBS blackface Deluxe,  pre-CBS blackface Tremolux, a '70s Marshall
100 and a Carvin Clubmaster 12"

Pete used a 1990 Jackson and a 1967 SG, a 1993 SG, a 1977 Takamine acoustic
and a 1994 Ibanez 12 string acoustic, He used a Boogie Mark V,  Deborah's
pre-CBS blackface Tremolux, a 1995 Fender ProJunior, and a Carvin
Clubmaster 12"

I used my usual early 80s Slingerland kit with my 1979 Ludwig Black Beauty
snare, except for Date and Laura's where I used a TAMA 8x14 maple snare. I
used only Zildjian cymbals but I did also use a Pete Engehart 14" Ribbon
Crasher (Laura's) and Rico Rico (Earthquake Boogie and IN) and a RhythmTech
hat-trick . For guitars I only used my 69 Les Paul, my 60s Silvertone, the
1994 Rickenbacker 12 string, and my 1977 Takimine. I used the Carvin, the
ProJunior and the Roland SE-50. I played Billy's cheapo banjo and of course
the legendary albertron. I used my 60s Senator Alto sax and all kinds of
percussion stuff.

Tara Key, Don Fleming and Jack Rigg all used the Fender Pro Junior. Tara &
Don used my 69 Les Paul. Jack Rigg used a 1989 Fender Eric Clapton model
Strat. Tara used a small army of DOD effects boxes. Don and Jack used none.
Don also used an off-brand theremin that he got in Tennesee.

Crispin Cioe played Selmer Baritone and Tenor Saxes. Flip Barnes used a
Selmer trumpet and a Harmon mute.

Joe and Dave Dunton used the E-Mu piano and Classic Keys modules and Joe
also used the Roland Sound Canvas on Tender Was The Night.

All vocals were recorded with a mid-60s Neumann U87 and Deborah used a
wooden 80s Alpine clarinette.

I'm leaving all the studio gear out but you did say "brief."
Al