HW:Hawkwind Album and song titles

Michael G Karschner pookadad at DELTANET.COM
Thu Sep 12 02:42:24 EDT 1996

Hi!  I hope some of you knowledgable Hawkwind fans out there can help
me.  So that I could see what HW sounded like, a friend dubbed me a tape
that someone had given to her.  Unfortunately, she didn't had neither
the album title nor song titles for it.  I don't even know if it was an
actual album, or if someone made a compilation of songs for her.
Anyway, I'll list some of the song lyrics (that I could understand), and
maybe someone will know the album/song titles.

One of the songs with vocals had the following lyrics: "I've got this
fascination....(repeated several times)...LEVITATION!"  Another had:
"Who's gonna win the war, now...who's gonna win the war?"

The very first song (and the one I hope I can get the title for, because
I really like it, and it keeps running through my head), had the
following lyrics:

        I crept up on my daybed,
        and looked down on my town.
        I saw a shrinking violet,
        and crushed it into the ground.
        And I'm never gonna tell you why.

        I got my face in the furnace <?>,
        I got my feet in the <freeze?>,
        I got drowned in a bowl of cereal,
        And I have to ask you to leave.
        And I'm never gonna tell you why.

        <some stuff I can't understand>
        ...and it sounds like a <diesel hog?> that just won't go.
        <more stuff>
        ...and I'm standing on the edge of Mars...

        <more stuff>

        I'll see you around, baby <repeated several times>

I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me the name of that
song.  Thanks in advance!   :D    -- Mike