HW: 86 tour - Amon Duul III?

Mike Wright M.S.Wright at READING.AC.UK
Thu Sep 12 05:58:42 EDT 1996

On Tue, 10 Sep 1996, Andrew Gilham wrote:

> I remember seeing tour posters saying "special guests Amon Duul III" (yes,
> three) for the 86 tour.  I'd given up HW at the time (but suffered a relapse
> later :), and anyway I was off to America at the same time as the tour, so can
> anyone tell me who or what took the stage?  I always assumed it was Dave
> Anderson and some of his mates, but that was just a guess, really...

It was no incarnation of AD, I remember seeing this advertised for a gig
in St. Albans, and trying to think back on which supports I saw there I
guess it might have been the Babysitters, a fine trash/glam rock band with
the best lyrics ever, with song titles like 'Some girls are bigger than
others', and 'Pickin the blues'

It's not the things she does,
It's not the things she says,
I just love her for the way she picks her nose.

and others, including Rock'n'Roll chicken. ("roll'n'roll chicken sitting
on my head" repeat indefinitely)

However I fear this has veered widley from your rather innocent enquiry
into the realms of stupidity, so I'll stop.

Mike w