BOC : Imaginos Comic and Reaper MIDI

Steven Tice StevenTice at AOL.COM
Thu Sep 12 23:25:19 EDT 1996

Hi, BOC-L folks.

Let's get caught up on a couple of things.  First off, thanks for the
suggestions I've received so far for Imaginos artists.  Richard Corben has
popped up in Penthouse Comics recently, so he's still plugging around.  I'm
really not sure what he'd think of a project like this, but Albert's implied
suggestion that different artists render different parts of the story is an
intriguing one.  It would certainly be appropriate, given the nature of the
main character, to have different artists for the different chapters of his
life, the different characters that he's been.  It'd probably be a logistical
nightmare, but it's something I'm now considering (thanks for the idea,
Albert!).  P. Craig Russell might be more likely than Corben to be willing
and available, particularly considering that I already have a relationship
with Craig dating from an interview I did with him for Musings #3.  He's
really, really busy, though (working on a new Elric series, most
recently--the advance artwork is gorgeous!).  I'm keeping all suggestions in
mind, and welcome any further suggestions for artists for this project.

Now, the second order of business.  About a week ago, somebody posted looking
for MIDI files.  I replied, suggesting that I might soon have time to create
a few.  I'm not familiar with Hawkwind, so all I could really create is BOC
files, and I prefer to have some sheet music to go by as a starting point.
Amidst finishing up the Musings Magic Special, I've found the time to create
a Reaper MIDI in the past week, to give everyone interested an idea of what I
might create.  I used the Cult Classic guitar sheet music book as the basis
for this file.  I will have to transcribe the bass and drum lines from the
original before adding them, as they are not included in the sheet music
book.  I've decided to go ahead and post it as is rather than finish it now,
and to instead ask everyone what you'd prefer to see: the rhythm section from
Cult Classic, or the vintage Bouchard Brothers version?  As soon as the
Musings Magic Special is put to bed, I'll get to work transcribing the chosen
rhythm section so that I can enter it in the MIDI file.  Let me know what
you'd like to see!

Hopefully the Reaper file is attached to this message in a usable format; I'm
still somewhat new to both MIDI files and AOL protocol.  It might turn out
you need the Cakewalk program to read this file or something.  Note: rather
than
end Reaper with the fade-out, I opted to create an ending.  Let me know what
you think!

Thanks, all!

SET