was OFF: Black Cardigans (now Iron Man!)

Christian Mumford mumford at EUNET.NO
Fri Sep 13 04:19:15 EDT 1996

Johan Edlundh wrote:

> At 16:29 1996-09-12 +0200, you wrote:
> >Has anybody heard the bizarre version of Sabbath's "Iron Man" by the
> >Cardigans? Imagine a mellow, easy-listening version with a frail female
> >voice singing the song in a weird, understated melancholy way...
> >Apparantly they did a version of "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" as well, but I
> >haven't heard that one... weird, weird.
>
> sabbath bloody sabbath by cardigan is a very cool laidback and 'near pop' version of the old anthem - sounds like they have done a similar
"Iron Man". I really

> btw, is there anyone who had heard the swedish cult orchestra Mobile Whorehouse's rap'n'metal version of "Iron (Wo)Man" with some bizarre
additional lyrics? Qu

> >Christian
>
> \\joe

Or what about the Butthole Surfer's insane acid-drenched speed
industrial goof "No, I'm Iron Man".... It opens with a robotic voice "I
am Iron Man..." and this high pitched, smurf-voice goes "No, I'm Iron
Man, you _always_ get to be Iron Man".... after that, get ready to lose
your mind.

Christian