was OFF: Black Cardigans (now Iron Man!)

BRIAN HALLIGAN halligbt at BIGVAX.ALFRED.EDU
Fri Sep 13 11:42:19 EDT 1996

>Johan Edlundh wrote:
>>
>> At 16:29 1996-09-12 +0200, you wrote:
>> >Has anybody heard the bizarre version of Sabbath's "Iron Man" by the
>> >Cardigans? Imagine a mellow, easy-listening version with a frail female
>> >voice singing the song in a weird, understated melancholy way...
>> >Apparantly they did a version of "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" as well, but I
>> >haven't heard that one... weird, weird.
>>
>> sabbath bloody sabbath by cardigan is a very cool laidback and 'near pop' version of the old anthem - sounds like they have done a similar
"Iron Man". I really

>> btw, is there anyone who had heard the swedish cult orchestra Mobile Whorehouse's rap'n'metal version of "Iron (Wo)Man" with some bizarre
additional lyrics? Qu

>> >Christian
>>
>> \\joe

>Or what about the Butthole Surfer's insane acid-drenched speed
>industrial goof "No, I'm Iron Man".... It opens with a robotic voice "I
>am Iron Man..." and this high pitched, smurf-voice goes "No, I'm Iron
>Man, you _always_ get to be Iron Man".... after that, get ready to lose
>your mind.
>
>Christian

        Then there's the Surfer's take on Sweet Leaf..."Sweet Loaf".  It's
somewhat recognizable, but it sounds more like Black Sabbath on drugs... oh,
wait a second.  Anyway, it's a fun take on the song.

Brian