Midi Files

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Fri Sep 13 12:26:24 EDT 1996

>To: Steven Tice
>Re: Midi Files
>
>How about saving the midi files in standard .MID format instead of
>Cakewalk format .WRK for those of us that dont have Cakewalk.

Yeah, I agree.  Though I did manage to find a demo version of
Cakewalk lying around that let me play it (though not save...).

It was interesting, but my keyboa0rd only has six :( .midi channels,
so I couldn't get much of the effect on that.  Using the FM synthesis
was rather tinny (no wavetable), but apart from that rather interesting.
I'm keeping this, though with .mid format we could place it on web pages
and the like (crescendo, e.g.).

Um, is doing this kind of stuff in murky copyright waters?
Andrew A. Apold, aka                        "I was corrupt before I had power!"
Roger Shrubstaff                                 - Random
Baron
Barony of Silverwater
Kingdom of the Burning Lands
http://www.magg.net/~mordru/silver.htm