BOC: Cult Classic and MIDI files

Steven Tice StevenTice at AOL.COM
Sat Sep 14 14:49:59 EDT 1996

Here's a little background info on the Cult Classic guitar book and the MIDI
files...

Cult Classic contains sheet music for all of the tracks on the album of the
same name.  It purports to have the complete and exact guitar parts for all
of the songs, with tablature, and (barring some errors) does.  In addition,
it contains all of the vocal lines (including harmonies) in most cases.
Unlike some such books, it does not contain any non-vocal or non-guitar parts
whatsoever.  It's quite useful for BOC, however, since so much of their music
is guitar-oriented.  This Ain't the Summer of Love is credited to Roeser
rather than Albert, unfortunately.

The MIDI programs, I've discovered, often require some fine-tuning based on
one's individual program, so feel free to set the instruments differently,
change relative volume levels, and anything of that sort in order to make the
file sound better on your MIDI program.  Cakewalk changed completely on me
when I switched to Windows 95, so even the having the same program doesn't
necessarily mean that the file will sound the way it does originally!  I'm
being forced to redo all of the drum lines for the files I created on
pre-Windows 95 Cakewalk, because most of the drum sounds have changed
completely (sigh).  Also, I only recently received the manual for Cakewalk,
so I have more to learn about how to manipulate sound in this program.
Hopefully there's an easy way to do pitch bends, because those have caused me
the most trouble!  Thanks for any feedback on the files.

SET