The Reaper Midi

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Tue Sep 17 04:26:34 EDT 1996

> After listening to this midi file (with no drums or bass), and as much as I
> hate to admit it, I think "The Reaper" would be excellent if it were
> performed accoustically, i.e. on eMpTyV's "Unplugged".  I can hear it
> accompanied by a string section.

        Ah, well you should get the semi-acoustic version of Reaper
on the Guitar for the Practicing Musician compilation Vol. 2 (I think
that's the one).  First half is Buck on acoustic (no string section that
I recall though) up to the screaming guitar solo, and then it goes
electric.  A decent arrangement.

        I once though it would be interesting to do a cover version with
vocal and piano up to the screaming guitar solo, and then go at it
with a fun band, but never had the chance ...

Cheers,
Carl

Carl Edlund Anderson                           *  "Lever vi inte i ett
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                            *   fritt land kanske?"
http://wjh-www.harvard.edu/~canders/hem.html   *
Dept. of ASNAC Studies, Cambridge U.           *   -- Pippi Langstrump