HW tyro

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Tue Sep 17 16:10:41 EDT 1996

> HW aficianadoes,
> The record shop next door has the following:
> Electric Tepee
> Out and Intake
> Live--the Business Trip [dang--I should get that just for the title!]
> Friends and Relations
> Acid Daze v.1-v.3

        Of those I recommend _The Business Trip_ and _Electric Teepee_
most.  _BT_ is pretty good, and the actual rock tracks on _ET_ are
tremendous (the other half of the album ... depends on how much you
like ambient floaty stuff :)

        _Acid Daze_ has some great moments, but is really rather a
mixed bag of random stuff from various periods, some of which is
quite dodgy.  Same with _Out and Intake_, IMO, except some Hawkfans
don't even rate it as highly as I do, I think :)  _F&R_ I'm not sure
actually has that much Hawkwind on it!

        Probably none of your choices are what people would call
the cream of classic HW, especially for a BOC fan, but the first
two I suggest I like very well myself--I _did_ bring _ET_ to
England with me, after all ... :)

Cheers,
Carl

Carl Edlund Anderson                           "So that's Terra.  Oohwee,
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                             look out wenchlings, here
http://wjh-www.harvard.edu/~canders/hem.html    come the Hawklords."
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                                -Lord Lemmy (Hawkwind)