me, myself and I

Daniel Wikdahl mpj95wid at MC.HIK.SE
Thu Sep 19 01:41:54 EDT 1996

>I'm not sure I can describe why I don't like it.  I just never feel the
>desire to listen to it.  I've listened to it about 5 times in 7 years,
>and the last 3 were only because so many people said it was good that I
>thought I must be missing something.  The only explanation I can think
>of is that the versions of Astronomy and Subhuman are so lacking in
>over-the-top guitar and keyboards compared to the originals that they
>probably turn me off to the rest of the album.
>
>        "A star"
>        twang twang
>
>Gag.  But, for sake of symmetry, I do like "I Am the One You Warned Me
>Of", which Steve thinks is the weakest song on the album.
>
>--
>                                Mike

There you go... you've got the answers to your strange opinions yourself!
And that is not a bad start.
When I first bought Imaginos the only song I liked was "I Am the One..." and
it's also the only one that my (not-so-BOC-friendly) friends like. I'll
guess it's because it's a pretty "catchy" tune. In a way a very standard
first track.
But when I'm listening to Imaginos these days I often end up programming all
the songs with the exception of "I Am the One...". I'm so tired of it, and
it also has some kind of disturbing handclap (or something... as usual I
can't remember -I have to go home and check it out :-) in the
backgroundmixing. The other songs on the album have just kept on growing and
growing during the years.
And also think it's unnecessary to compare the original versions of
Astronomy and Subhuman to Imaginos versions. The difference are so big that
I tend to look at them as different songs with just the same title (...well,
I know "BOC" and not Subhuman on Imaginos... but you get the point don't
you?), and they are all great.
But, on the other hand, when I'm listening to Cult Classics I often get the
feeling of something missing... I just wonder how long time did this
recording take? It's sounds like a weekend job! And the kareoke versions of
"Godzilla" and "Reaper", why are they there at all?

 This became a longer mail than I thought in the beginning, but I think you
get my point Mike -there is still hope for you too! ;-)

                        tjaba -Daniel

.

"Jag har en papegoja -så jag bestämmer" (Rickard Fuchs)

Daniel Wikdahl
Kaptensgatan 2a
S-39 236 KALMAR
SWEDEN