HW tyro

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Wed Sep 18 18:02:02 EDT 1996

Ted Jackson jr. EL 84 writes:

> HW aficianadoes,
> The record shop next door has the following:
>
> Electric Tepee
> Out and Intake
> Live--the Business Trip [dang--I should get that just for the title!]
> Friends and Relations
> Acid Daze v.1-v.3
>
> I'm thinking of taking the fateful step into HW madness.  Having
> never heard the group [but liking what I've heard from you all] I'm
> wondering if any of these are worthwhile?
> theo

Get the Business Trip for a good live uptodate example of their music
but you really need a video as well to appreciate the light show that
goes with it.

Get Electric Tepee for an example of recent studio stuff (the two tend
to be very different - recent studio albums IMO tend to ramble a bit and
though the sound quality is usually excellent it takes a few live
performances before the individual tracks take on their final form) but
also see if you can find one of the earlier albums to see how their
earlier work relates to their present day stuff.

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk