The conspiracy unmasked!!!!

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Wed Sep 18 17:11:50 EDT 1996

> >         Yes, and Steve was the one who finally convinced Brock to
> > sack Lemmy, even though Brock didn't want to.  Steve wanted Lemmy
> > for his new project "Motorswann" (you should see the cover art
> > they worked up for *that*!),
>
> They never finished the prints.  You know what it's like trying to
> grip a pair of elephant tusks between your teeth for any length of
> time?

        No, but we're hoping you'll let us add the anecdote to our
new Steve Swann FAQ.  John Swartz is writing it in 13 volumes.

        And when are you gonna tour Australia?  People in the Northeastern
US get to see Steve all the time, so I don't want to hear any more whining
about his choice of material ...

> (Self-parody: the final stage of Hawkwind/BOC fandom.)

        We were born to go ... to turn electric dreams into parody!

        But really, it's just another step along the way in the
neverending story of the psychedelic warlords with *way* to much
time on their hands ... :)

Cheers,
Carl

Carl Edlund Anderson                           *  "Lever vi inte i ett
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                            *   fritt land kanske?"
http://wjh-www.harvard.edu/~canders/hem.html   *
Dept. of ASNAC Studies, Cambridge U.           *   -- Pippi Langstrump