me, myself and I

HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM
Thu Sep 19 02:33:11 EDT 1996

On 18-SEP-1996 02:34:44.8 BOC-L said to HERBERT119
   >>> He also recommends Imaginos for BOC newbies, even though he knows
   >that >> (apologies to Al) I gave it so low a rating in the BOC album
   >poll that >> it pulled it down a notch.
   >> What, you trashed Imaginos?  Heresy!  Explain yourself!
   >I'm not sure I can describe why I don't like it.  I just never feel the
   >desire to listen to it.  I've listened to it about 5 times in 7 years,
   >and the last 3 were only because so many people said it was good that I
   >thought I must be missing something.  The only explanation I can think
   >of is that the versions of Astronomy and Subhuman are so lacking in
   >over-the-top guitar and keyboards compared to the originals that they
   >probably turn me off to the rest of the album.
   >"A star"
   >twang twang
   >Gag.  But, for sake of symmetry, I do like "I Am the One You Warned Me
   >Of", which Steve thinks is the weakest song on the album.
   >--
   >Mike

Well...well, well, well, well. There is another? I don't like Imaginos
either, and for the EXACT same reasons stated above by Mike. I see that
there is a wealth of lyrical intrigue, but the music and/or singing must
always hook me. I don't see how this is comparable to the Holy Trinity and I
have given it a fair amount of listens (the latter few also inspired by
constant raving here)...no dice. Not that I DISlike it. After all, it IS
BOC, so it's good, I just don't have the desire to play it. I actually
prefer Club Ninja (though not by much). I can take the flames, but what it
comes down to is that it doesn't hit me on a visceral level...

Chuck
`[1;36;45mRainbow V 1.19.4 for Delphi - Test Drive