no more Mountain Grill

Peter Sondergeld p.sondergeld at QUT.EDU.AU
Thu Sep 19 07:56:37 EDT 1996

Just for the record, what's busking called in the US? I'd never thought it
might be called something else.
Pete.
(who once took 20 cents for a whole evening busking - from a small boy whose
parents had given him the money - and felt like giving it back)

At 09:02 AM 9/19/96 +0100, you wrote:
>> Okay, it's about time I asked this. (Maybe it's in the dictionary?) What the
>> hell does "busking" mean? Everytime I read a Hawkhistory, it says that,
>> prior to forming HW, Brock was a busker. From Carl's post, I'm thinking
>> maybe someone playing on the streets for change...
>
>        That's it.  I'd almost swear I heard the word used when I was in
>Cambridge, MA (as opposed to UK) but I might be wrong, or it might be
>a contamination from British English ...
>
>Cheers,
>Carl

>Carl Edlund Anderson   ASNAC Dept., Cambridge U.   cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk

Peter Sondergeld
p.sondergeld at qut.edu.au

"And sometimes I say things I shouldn't,
 Like..."                                  - Warren Zevon