OFF: gong tour,u.s.,oct.

Keith A Henderson khenders at MAGNUS.ACS.OHIO-STATE.EDU
Thu Sep 19 11:19:36 EDT 1996

rj wants to know...

> can anyone tell me who will make up the band?
> am particularly interested in oct 18 philly show.

I'm nearly positive that the last update listed the same group as came 'round
last time....ie. Allen/Smyth/Howlett/Pyle/Sharpstrings.

Here's the latest tour list...

GONG SHAPESHIFTER TOUR , NORTH AMERICA

all dates in October

11,12,&13- Club D'Auteuil, Quebec City
14-Travel
15- Mama Kin's, Boston
16- Tramps, New York
17- Club Bene, Sayreville, New Jersey
18- Middle East, Philadelphia
19- Baltimore Museum Of Art, Baltimore
20- Birchmere, Arlington, Va.
21- Travel
22- Cubby Bear, Chicago
23- Seventh House- (near Detroit)
24- tba (there is a very shakey rumor of a gig in Columbus, otherwise open
for serious suggestions-what happens in Ann Arbor????)
25- Phantasy Club, Cleveland
26- Cabaret, Montreal
27- (if demand necessitates) Cabaret, Montrel

Wow....Columbus perhaps???  I'll have to check on this.  People may actually be
coming to *my* city for a change, rather than myself driving halfway across the
country for shows.

The last update also said that they had hoped to play those 'other' places down
south and southwest, but that they just didn't get the response they were
hoping for.  Guess there still is a contingency plan to try to do those places
on a third mini-tour next spring (April '97 or something).

Keith H. (FAA)