Other: Will the real Steve Swann please stand up

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Thu Sep 19 13:40:13 EDT 1996

> >Anybody know why a different version of We Gotta Get Out of this Place is on
> the CD. (different from the album)  I prefer the album version and was very
> happy when Workshop contained that version.
>
> Basically a mix-up.  The tapes got mislabelled or put in the wrong box and
> a different show (Edinburg, I think) was accidentally used rather than the
> one on the album (Newcastle).  These and other fun facts await your reading
> pleasure in the BOC FAQ (ftp://ftp.spc.edu/boc_l/boc_faq-2_1.txt , or check
> other BOC web sites for a link to it).

        Without choking my disc-space with the faq ;) could someone
briefly explain what this is all about?  Are we saying that the WGGOotP
on the CD is different from the LP, but the LP version appeared on the
Workshop 2CD collection?

        I guess I'm young enough to happily apply the word "album" or
"record" to both CDs and LPs equally, so I want to make sure I understand
this aright ...

Cheers,
Carl

Carl Edlund Anderson                           *  "Lever vi inte i ett
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                            *   fritt land kanske?"
http://wjh-www.harvard.edu/~canders/hem.html   *
Dept. of ASNAC Studies, Cambridge U.           *   -- Pippi Langstrump