no more Mountain Grill

HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM
Thu Sep 19 17:55:42 EDT 1996

On 19-SEP-1996 10:01:01.2 BOC-L said to HERBERT119
   >> On 17-SEP-1996 13:51:11.7 BOC-L said to HERBERT119
   >>    >> So maybe we could get Hawkwind to do a John Michel Jarre type of
   >>    >> act under the Ladbroke Grove underpass and put on a lightshow
   >>    >> performance that would stop the London traffic on the
   >M-whatever it i s
   >>    >> totally!
   >>    >That would be highly worthwhile.  I think they should do it :)
   >>    >At the very least they should get Brock down there busking with an
   >>    >acoustic and see how many people notice :)
   >>    >Cheers,
   >>    >Carl
   >>
   >> Okay, it's about time I asked this. (Maybe it's in the dictionary?)
   >What th e
   >> hell does "busking" mean? Everytime I read a Hawkhistory, it says
   >that, > prior to forming HW, Brock was a busker. From Carl's post, I'm
   >thinking > maybe someone playing on the streets for change...
   >>
   >> An American,
   >>
   >> Chuck
   >>

   >Chuck,
   >I think it might actually be in the dictionary, but your inference is
   >correct.  A busker is a solo street musician who usually has a hat in
   >front of him to catch thrown coins.  A bud of mine was a busker in
   >Montreal and actually survived at it!
   >theo

Yes, this is probably the colloquial definition, but the Webster's I hold in
front of me doesn't contain such a definition. (abbreviated):
1. a strip of any material that supports a woman's corset
2. to prepare, equip, to dress, to array, to employ, to make use of
3. to go, to hurry, to guide or direct one's course, (some obscure nautical
usage which I don't feel like typing out)
4. a harvest feast, or feast of first fruits, among Creek Indians

Chuck
`[1;33;46mRainbow V 1.19.4 for Delphi - Test Drive