Live 1974 Tracks on the Web

Hawkwind Star_rats at HAWKWIND.COM
Fri Sep 20 12:45:51 EDT 1996

Dear Hawkfans,
                        Having seen the recent newsgroup posting announcing
that there may be some tracks from the forthcoming 1974 Live Album being
posted on the web, I contacted EMI and got the following information:

There were some pre-production track snippets made in March of this year
from the master tapes from the '74 gigs. These snippets were of a very rough
un-mixed quality and to be used for a guide to the quality of the master tapes.

EMI had a brief internal discussion about whether or not to use these
snippets on the web but it was decided that this would be a wholly
inappropriate use of the snippets and would be detremental to the release of
the album to use these snippets as representations of the finished product.

These conversations were held within EMI and Hawkwind, Hawkwind's management
and myself were not informed until now. I haven't heard these snippets
myself, but EMI have said that ' if anyone hasheard these snippets  and
think they are good, they haven't heard anything yet!'

I am also updating the news page on the site within the next day with a
request for feedback as to whether or not fans would like to see the UA
remasterd series released on vinyl.

Yours,
        Star Rats