Live 1974 Tracks on the Web

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Sat Sep 21 07:51:13 EDT 1996

> >I am also updating the news page on the site within the next day with a
> >request for feedback as to whether or not fans would like to see the UA
> >remasterd series released on vinyl.
>
> you're kidding??!?
> can there be a reason for voting no?

        Well, I'm not exactly going to vote no, but I will cast a vote
of "don't care".  I don't have an LP-player and am unlikely to get one
anytime in the forseeable future, so vinyl is almost useless to me.
I tend to acquire things on vinyl only when its the only option, and
certainly won't spend money to duplicate on vinyl what I already have on
CD.

        And vinyl just doesn't have that warm crackly sound of wax
cylinders ;)

        However, if EMI wanted to sell posters based on the artwork
I would get those.  A giant SR poster would be cool.  Or posters with
band photographs on them.  Some of those shots are priceless :) and
would look excellent on my wall :)

Cheers,
Carl

Carl Edlund Anderson                            * "Lever vi inte i ett
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                             *  fritt land kanske?"
http://wjh-www.harvard.edu/~canders/hem.html    *
Dept. of Anglo-Saxon, Norse & Celtic, Cambridge *  -- Pippi Langstrump