OTHER: Amon Duul 2/Porcupine Tree

Andrew Gilham Andy_Gilham at MSN.COM
Sun Sep 22 11:29:51 EDT 1996

Damn fine show last night!  P-Tree were better than I remember them the last
time I saw them (at HW last year) - partly because the sound quality in the
Empire was very good indeed.  They're headlining at the Astoria 2 on Nov 3rd,
and I might well go on the strength of this performance.  The new album's out
on the 30th Sept, they said, btw.

Amon Duul 2 were also on fine form - I'd say this show was better than the
Astoria show in April.  Renate in particular was in great voice, and Lothar
was clearly having the time of his life, although Chris was a bit subdued.
Special guest for the encore was Arthur Brown!  What a dude!

They had advance copies of Live in Tokyo on sale, so I got mine signed by
Renate.  Not sure when it'll be in the shops, but it can't be long.  Fine
version of "Dry Your Ears".

- Andy

ObCDs: well, obviously, Amon Duul 2:_Live in Tokyo_, but also Shooglenifty:
_Live at Selwyn Hall, Box_.