HW: Born To Go

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Sun Sep 22 11:47:35 EDT 1996

On Sun, 22 Sep 1996, Mike Wright wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Sep 1996, Jeremy Dacombe wrote:
> >   Just a short note to let you know that the excellent
> >   "BORN TO GO" book will be out of print by the end of 1996.
> >  *****************************************************************
> >  I really can't recommend this book highly enough.
> >  Makes an excellent companion to Kris Tait's "Do Not Panic"
> >  without actually duplicating it.
> >  Any comments from those of you who already have it?
>
> I have recently acquired this volume, and would also heartily recommend
> it, a well written booklet with lots of new info (well new to me) and a
> good style, so rush out and buy this before it is too late.
>
> Mike w
>
> p.s. I do not work for Gavin or anyone connected with this fine
> enterprise, but merely am a well satisfied customer (no honestly this
> time it is true)

I'll second (third?) that.  This book is great.  Its style is very
engaging, and I found it impossible to put down, reading it straight
through over two or three nights.  My only "complaint" is that it ended
too soon.  I'd love to see this level of quality extended to a bio of
Hawkwind that covers their history up to the present day!

Another very satisfied customer,

Paul.

obCD: Hawkwind, _Space Ritual_ (remastered)

e-mail: paul at csgrad.cs.vt.edu                    A stranger in a strange land.