OFF: Re: drugs

Le Monsieur dcapehar at UTDALLAS.EDU
Mon Sep 23 01:27:24 EDT 1996

On Sun, 22 Sep 1996, Jerry wrote:
> It's a product of nature [shrooms], so they will have lots of problems
> declaring it illegal.
Yeah, here in Texas we're having a related problem (tho not as
publicized).  I don't know if this is worldwide knowledge or not, but here
in this, the Lone Star State, (and probably elsewhere) we have something
called "locoweed". I think it's something like hemp, only not as strong.
The government would love to make the stuff illegal, but that's darn near
impossible because of one little problem:  Locoweed is *everywhere*.  It's
really difficult to keep people from using something that grows alongside
*every* rural highway in the State.  It would be like trying to ban ants
from breeding.  Luckily, most people (of those to whom I've spoken,
anyway) don't really know anything about it.

Damon Capehart        | "As their numbers dwindled from 70 to 8, the
aka Le Monsieur       |  dwarves began to suspect Hungry..."
dcapehar at utdallas.edu |