Nik Turner's sphinx :

Johan Edlundh hawkjoe at EKA.ERICSSON.SE
Mon Sep 23 04:49:50 EDT 1996

At 09:12 1996-09-23 +0100, you wrote:
>In message <8C8D569.0064014A9D.uuout at mbnet.fi>, Rauli Poikela
><rauli.poikela at MBNET.FI> writes
>> > He did re-make the album recently, though. Out on Cleopatra. I havn't
>> > heard that yet. Anyone out there care to compare? <last sentence in
>> > Bop poet style>
>>
>> I haven't heard the original, but I like the re-recording a lot, and
>> count it in top 5 of my all HW & related recordings. Great stuff.
>> I'd really like to hear Xitintoday also, but it appears to be very
>> difficult to get..
>>
>It's a toughie alright. Has _anyone_ heard both versions?

yup.
the cleopatra version is a pressurehead (punkadelic) remake of the charisma original - very different, because the original was [mostly] a peaceful flute experience made together with friends i.e from the flying teapot orchestra Gong.
the remake has more "flesh" in the music.

listen to the extra track (the last looong one) and you get an idea in which direction the original points at.

the booklet is a chapther for itself - remembering the "ejected from space ship hawkwind" section...

>Jon Browne

\\joe